söndag 5 februari 2012

What is Project Dongcheng?

I have been interested in studying Chinese ever since I came to China in 2005 to study at Beiwai. And back then, I also met Erik, who was also studying at Beiwai at the time.

We have been living in different cities of Sweden for the last 3 years, but almost as by accident, we happened to move back to Dongcheng (东城, a part of Beijing), last year.

I had the idea to write a teaching tool for Chinese (basically a word segmenter) as I do a lot of reading in Chinese (very slowly, but I try to improve). After he spent some time to get a basic prototype of this working during our X-mas vacation, we agreed to put our efforts together to create a useful teaching tool for Chinese.

And that was the birth of Project Dongcheng!

So far it is mainly for ourselves, but that is hopefully something that will change as our tool gets better.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar